I have never particularly enjoyed cardio/aerobic exercise. I hate running, I’m no good at swimming. I do a self defence class once a week which is great for keeping my heart rate up but I need to do more, so I started skipping.
I can honestly say I am the fittest I have ever been since having started. I no longer get out of breath after just a couple of minutes and I can notice the changes in all aspects of my life.
Here are some great reasons as to why I think everyone should give it a try.
- It is play! Like when you were a child and play is essential in life even for us adults
- It is excellent cardiovascular exercise which means that it will keep your heart healthy and make you fitter
- It is simple and convenient – you can do it in your own home.
- It is cheap – you can buy a rope for less than a fiver
- It can be high or low intensity – you go at your own pace which means that it suits all fitness levels
- It burns lots of calories so it’s great for weight loss
- It works your legs and arms so will have them looking leaner in no time
- It improves balance an coordination
- It is a great core workout as you have to stabilise yourself throughout
- You can jump in lots of different ways which will keep it interesting!
Why not give it a go?